Generally, two things come to mind when it comes to purchasing a camera: how much you have to spend and how you are going to use it to get the best value for that price. Nikon is a dominant player in the DSLR market and continues to put out excellent cameras every year, capturing the heart of pros and amateurs alike. Nikon is quite impressive with the broad range of cameras every year from the D4s to the D3300. We have a list of the current best selling Nikon cameras of 2017, in no particular order
- 10 frames per second capture with tracking focus.
- An awesome battery life that refuses to die.
- Thumb joystick at the back for changing AF points which are dedicated.
- Dust and weather-resistant design.
- Fast, accurate and advanced edge-to-edge autofocus.
- You can capture high-quality images due to its superb high ISO image quality.
- Integration of Wi-Fi connectivity allowing you to share images effortlessly.
The Nikon D500 is worth having a look at, with its thumb joystick which enables faster selection of autofocus points; this makes the overall flow of work easier and smoother. There is also a comfortable flipping touchscreen surface. This camera puts Nikon’s finest autofocus system in a strong compact SLR body that certainly pleases pros and cameras enthusiasts alike.
- Fx sensor
- Lighter body, mostly in comparison with the Nikon D500 which brings better portability.
- 6.5 frames per second burst shooting.
- Fast 51 frames per second autofocus system.
- Availability of integrated Wi-Fi for sharing of images.
- 24 MP full-frame image sensor.
- 60 frames per second 1080p video capture.
- The time lapse is limited to 8 hours.
- If you want a GPS module add-on, then it gets quite pricey.
- There is no PC sync socket.
- No weather resistance which means you can’t use it when it rains or gets too cold except with the use of a rain gear.
The Nikon D750 offers pro-level performance for photographers who need a camera one step down from top-notch pro models. On the other hand, you can still enjoy some features generally left out of those top-notch pro models without the extra cost. It delivers awesome performance at a very reasonable asking price.Its autofocus system, build quality and video recording capabilities are equal to the Nikon D810 – which is considered a pro model -, in addition to the Wi-Fi for both remote control and file transfer, and tilting rear display, it is one of the best selling Nikon cameras of this year. So far, it has ranked up to number 3 at a point in 2017 on the best selling DSLR camera list on Amazon.
- The full-frame 45.7-megapixel image sensor for clear, high resolution and beautiful image capture.
- 7 frames per second burst shooting.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled for a tablet, smartphone and PC wireless connection and remote control.
- Its autofocus can handle as low as -4EV which enables capturing in low light situations.
- Its AF engine uses parallel processing with a sequence control microcomputer to produce high AF performance even for fast-moving subjects during high-speed shooting.
- The live view focus on this camera uses contrast detection only which is a restriction.
- It omits built-in flash.
The Nikon D850 offers the best of almost everything; tough and extreme resolution, top-notch image quality, exceptional strong build and fast shooting. With the D850, extreme resolution meets extreme speed, no wonder despite a price of $3,296 on Amazon, it is currently at the number two position for best-selling DSLR of 2017. This is possibly the most impressive and well-rounded DSLR so far.
- It is quite effective for suppressing noise and producing crisper images due to revised JPEG processing.
- Integrated Wi-Fi and Near Field Communication (NFC) for instant sharing and remote control of the shutter.
- 6 frames per second shooting ability.
- 51 point autofocus system.
- Low shutter lag.
- Weather sealing for non-stop use no matter the condition of the weather.
- ISO sensitivity and focus points.
- Excellent image quality for its class.
- Non-tilting or flipping screen.
- No touchscreen functionality.
- Though Wi-Fi is present, it has issues with connectivity. It is quite limited and any settings changes needed will require disconnecting the Wi-Fi session first.
- It lacks OLPF which means it’s subject to aliasing.
Despite the input of some pro-level features in recently produced DSLR cameras and though it lacks some pro-level features that Nikon’s recent cameras have, the Nikon D7200 is excellent and definitely has its strength both in photography and the market. The release of the D7200 was the birth of a star in the Dx format line-up and until the release of the D500, it was Nikon’s leading Dx format camera. Despite its shortcomings, it still boasts of outstanding image quality and builds. In addition to its weather sealing features – making it perfect for outdoor and travel photographers – and its ISO sensitivity and focus point, this remains an excellent camera.
- Very compact and lightweight body thus giving better portability.
- Bluetooth is present and since it consumes less power than Wi-Fi, battery life lasts long although it already possesses a superb battery life.
- Transfer between smartphones and tablets and the camera can be done even when the camera is off.
- 5 frames per second speed with 21 JPEG/9 raw exposures for continuous shooting.
- Live view AF is impressively fast.
- The LCD screen is somewhat reflective and lacks touch operation.
- No Wi-Fi for wireless transfers to smartphones and tablets.
- The D3400 doesn’t focus continuously during capture in video mode. It instead only updates focus when the shutter button is half-pressed.
Its image quality is top-notch and despite its simplistic autofocus, the user experience is positively strong. As an entry-level model, it includes all an entry-level photographer needs and should expect. With the continuous sync of camera and phone, the Nikon D3400 makes sharing of images on social media easier. It currently is among the best ten DSLR sellers on Amazon, having occupied both the second and third position at various times in 2017. However, if you are looking for something more pro-level, you will need to invest more money.